14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be a Hallmark day. You don't have to buy a card, although it would be rude not to buy chocolates, especially when Thorntons have been flogging 333g boxes for £3.49!

I made Andy this simple card by layering a few papers and sticking on a ready-made heart:






















I also wrote him a blog post, What is Love?.

In return he wrote a 'What is Love?' for me and it made me cry. It was lovely and means more to me than any card or gift.

There's nothing wrong with taking a little time to appreciate your partner once in a while.

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

You can find more Valentine's Day ideas in the Homemade Valentine's Carnival over on Make it, Bake it.




 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

There is also a Valentine's Day Blogging Carnival over at The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.












Enjoy the rest of your weekend x




.


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty card - you're so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card :)

    The little dude & I made cards for the daddy - his was a red hand print with a bunch of artfully arranged heart stickers all over (he was in charge, I merely did as I was told! :P) - the mr was super chuffed with it :)

    Happy Valentines day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card looks fab hun x Thank you for the link, hope you had a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muddling Along, thank you. That's very kind of you to say :-)

    Littledude's Mummy, thank you. Aw, LD's card sounds wonderful. I hope you had a good Valentine's Day too. x

    New Mummy, thank you, you too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card - so much nicer than bought ones. My little girl made me one which she then cut up into many pieces and we had to fit it together like a jig saw! Good idea and it kept us amused over breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diney, thank you. I've read about cutting up cards to make jigsaws - what a great idea - shame it was a Valentine's card though! x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin